1. Copy one handout per pair of students, and cut the handouts up into A and B.
2. Put the students into groups of four, with two A students and two B students.
3. Focus students' attention on the instructions and make sure students aren't looking at each other's sheets. Emphasise that the teams must explain the words to each other without saying the three words underneath. If the team successfully explains the word it gets a point. If the team doesn't manage to explain the word (a time limit of 2 minutes is useful) it doesn't get any points. Note that if a member of the team says one of the three forbidden words underneath, the opposing team gets a point.
4. Teams can keep the score on a piece of paper and the team with the most points, wins.
5. Monitor the students, providing language input or error correction when necessary.
6. Finally elicit responses from some of the students and draw to their attention any appropriate vocabulary or serious language mistakes.