1. Copy one handout for each individual young learner and distribute them.
2. Focus students' attention on the instructions. Students make sentences with 'can' and 'can't' using the words in brackets. Refer the learners to the example and demonstrate with other examples of your own.
3. Monitor the students, and when appropriate provide any necessary individual language or vocabulary input.
4. Give the learners a warning when their time limit is about to expire and then insist on pens down and heads up.
5. For feedback, options include the learners writing some/all of the answers on the board or having them contribute their answers out loud.
6. Draw your learners' attention to any specific mistakes which seem prevalent through the work and offer language input.