1. Copy one handout per pair of students, and cut the handouts up into A, B and C.
2. Put the students into groups of three with an A, B and C student, and distribute the first set of white handout cards.
3. Explain to students the instructions as follows: The person who has 'START' in the 'You Hear' column begins by saying their number in the 'You Say' column. The other students should listen and look at their 'You Hear' columns for the same number. When someone hears it, they read out the number directly across from it in the 'You Say' column. The game continues in a chain until someone eventually comes to 'FINISH' from the 'You Say' column.
4. When students have finished the first game, distribute the grey handouts for a second round.
5. Monitor the students, providing language input or hints when necessary.