1. Copy one handout for each individual student and distribute them.
2. Get students to do a gist reading task, usually contained in the book, although you may want to set your own task.
3. When students have a basic idea of the content of the text get them to read it in more detail with this accompanying worksheet. Students read the text and choose the correct meaning of the words on the handout a or b.
4. For feedback, get students to tell you the correct meaning of the words, a or b.
5. You may want to continue now with the reading task set in the book, or the grammar that comes from the reading if there is any. For some free speaking related to the content of the reading, prompt students to discuss the questions in part B.