1. Copy one handout for each pair of students, and cut the sheets in two.
2. Put the students into pairs, and distribute a half handout to each individual student.
3. In this handout, learners have to identify three correct words that take four 'change' prefixes 'de', 're', 'up' and 'down'. There are four possibilities for each row, three being correct, one being false.
4. Allow students around ten minutes to identify the three correct words combined with the prefixes.
5. Finally, elicit responses from the students and draw to their attention the meanings of unfamiliar words and clarify.