1. Copy one handout per pair of students, and cut the handouts up into A and B.
2. Put the students into pairs with an A and B student, and distribute the handouts.
3. Focus learners' attentions on the instructions and make sure they aren't looking at each other's sheets. The learners read their definitions of the expressions featuring 'get'. Their partner tries to guess the appropriate verb phrase.
4. Monitor the students, providing language input or error correction when necessary.
5. Finally, elicit responses from some of the students and draw to their attention any appropriate vocabulary or serious language mistakes.