1. Copy one handout for each individual student and distribute them.
2. Focus learners' attentions on the instructions. The learners begin by tracing the words in the left hand column, raising their awareness of the spelling patterns of the word. When the learners are ready, have them fold their paper and try to spell the words from memory. If need be, the learners can have a look on the other side of the paper, but encourage them to try and spell them from memory first, so as to avoid a mere copying exercise.
3. Monitor the students, and when appropriate provide any necessary individual input or assistance.
4. For feedback, have the learners unfold their papers and self-correct. Alternatively, you could have the learners peer correct by getting them to swap their papers (particularly if you want to make the activity competitive).
5. Draw the students' attentions to any specific mistakes in spelling if any seem prevalent throughout the activity and offer input. Bring up any useful spelling patterns in the words, and/or help them with the more challenging ones to remember.