1. Copy and cut up enough handouts so that each individual student has a card.
2. Put students into pairs and distribute a card to each individual student. Give students one minute of preparation for an authentic practice, or longer for a more controlled practice.
3. Tell students that one of them will talk for two minutes about the topic on the card addressing all the points. Emphasise that the listening partner must not interrupt the speaker, and instead think of two questions to ask him/her when he/she has finished.
4. Time the practice and go round the room monitoring the speakers. Let students know when their time limit is up and allow time for the listening partner to ask his/her two questions.
5. Swap roles and carry out step 4 again.
6. After the students have finished the second time, give feedback on the students' task performance. Highlight any language or task errors which could be improved upon.